The UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) has published its report “An Action Agenda for Sustainable Development”. The report outlines priorities for the period 2015-2030, covering what SDSN regards as the main dimensions of sustainable development: economic growth and poverty eradication, social inclusion, environmental sustainability, and good governance.
In its report, the SDSN identified 10 priority challenges of sustainable development:End extreme poverty and hunger:
- Ensure learning for all children and youth
- Achieve gender equality and reduce inequalities
- Achieve health and wellbeing at all ages
- Increase agricultural production in an environmentally
sustainable manner, to achieve food security and rural prosperity
- Make cities productive and environmentally sustainable
- Curb human-induced climate change with sustainable energy
- Protect ecosystems and ensure sound management of natural resources
- Achieve development and prosperity for all without ruining the environment
- Improve governance and align business behavior with all the goals
In September the United Nations General Assembly will meet to determine next steps in this global process. The obstacles are enormous and the benefits from working together are enormous too.
Another good sustainable development resource: www.worldwewant2015.org/ (choose your language)
Read the SDSN report: unsdsn.org/ (choose your language)
we plow the dust of stars blown about us by the wind,
and drink the universe in a glass of rain.