DPI NGO 66th ANNUAL CONFERENCE: EDUCATION FOR GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP
Being in school makes children happy and improves individuals and society on many levels. Learning how to become global citizens is everyone’s challenge.
From May 30 – June 1, 2016 in Gyeongju, Republic of Korea, the UN Department of Public Information for Non-governmental Organizations (DPI NGO) will bring together over 1500 NGO representatives from around the globe to focus on Education for Global Citizenship.
This 66th annual conference will include:
- Roundtables: exchange ideas and experiences with diverse experts
- NGO workshops: interact with NGO colleagues about your work
- Exhibits: showcase your work and network with others who share your interests
- Youth-led activities: build partnerships across generations
- Networking: meet NGOs from other regions who share common interests and goals
- Side Events: participate in side activities which reflect the theme of the Conference
Through the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur NGO Office, interested persons are able to participate in UN meetings. There are no fees to attend UN sessions, but participants are responsible for their housing, food, and transportation. Funds are available to assist Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur from Asia, Latin America, and Africa. If you are interested in this year’s DPI NGO Annual Conference in Gyeongju, please contact Jean Stoner as soon as possible at SNDatUN@sndden.org